Souls of the Stones Omnibus

Souls of the Stones Omnibus - Kelly  Walker Souls of the Stones possessed many of the qualities that I like in a book: political intrigue, warring kingdoms, plot twists, a strong female lead, excellent world-building, and unique fantasy elements.

The pacing was excellent, and the many plot twists and betrayals kept my interest throughout the 700+ pages. The dialogue was often charmingly old-fashioned, the descriptions were very detailed, and it showed both Emariya and Torian’s POV. All of the characters (including the supporting cast) were well fleshed out and underwent visible changes as the series progressed. The idea of the three Stones was fascinating; their history and effects were interesting, and they served as a believable explanation for the instant romantic connection between several characters – which is saying a lot, considering I usually cringe at the overused plot device that is "instalove."

This review can also be found at The In-Between Place. Thanks to Netgalley for providing me with an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.