The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Jenna Fox Chronicles)

The Adoration of Jenna Fox - Mary E. Pearson The Adoration of Jenna Fox is a mix of mystery and science fiction, which proves to be a thought-provoking combination. Many important points involving identity, morality, and biomedical ethics are raised: How far would you go to save someone you love? What makes us human? Where should we draw the line when it comes to scientific advancements? These are just a few of the questions that I have been quietly contemplating since I finished reading this book a couple of days ago.

While the plot is relatively slow compared to many other YA books, it is written in such a way that the reader feels as though they are Jenna. The only information that the reader is given is that which Jenna knows or discovers herself, which made me connect with her on an almost personal level. As the plot largely relies on secrecy, I can't say much more about it - though I will say that it is beautifully crafted and filled with surprises.

I highly recommend reading The Adoration of Jenna Fox if you’re interested in a compelling, thought-provoking read.

This review can also be found at The In-Between Place.